Every year, UAE attracts millions of visitors from all over the world. If you are a newcomer, you need to know a few things to enjoy your stay. If you break the law, you might spend your vacation behind bars.
Here are the dos and don’ts for newcomers
- Since it is a Muslim country, you will be required to dress modestly when in public. You should not expose your shoulders, chest or midriffs. Even though women can wear pants and business suits, they should not be too revealing. Men are also expected to dress conservatively.
- Do not display affection in public. Even if you are married it is not advisable not to show too much affection in public. You can be penalised for doing so.
- In certain places, there are different sections for men and women. It is not good to cross to the other side.
- It is a cultural thing in the UAE to use the right hand. This hand is used for a lot of purposes such as greeting, receiving gifts, eating among others. It is good for even left-handed people to observe this practice. The left hand is reserved for private hygienic purposes.
- You should be prepared to remove your footwear in certain places. You should observe this practise even if you are not a Muslim.
- Do not drink alcohol in public. Even though alcohol is sold in some hotels and bars, you should not take it in public. Alcohol is prohibited in Islam and drinking in public may be considered as an attempts to provoke Muslims.
- Observe non-smoking areas. If you are a smoker, you should only smoke in designated areas or else you will be penalized
- Do not drink and drive. Driving under the influence is not tolerated and can get you harsh fines or even a jail term. In case you are intoxicated, you should have a designated driver or take a taxi.
- Littering carelesslyis extremely prohibited. You will not escape unidentified and you might face fines and punishments such as community work.
- Just like in any other country, it is prohibited to take pictures of military installations or other security forces systems.
If you are a newcomer, you probably don’t understand the Dubai real estate industry and would need help in finding a nice place to stay.
To find an ideal place to live, you should hire an agent from the various Dubai real estate agents. From new off plan projects in Dubai like the Bluewater residences Dubai or Emaar beachfront apartments to ready-built projects such as the City walk apartments, a bonafide real estate agent can show you a lot of amazing real estate deals to choose from.