- Lead a healthy style to improve your reproductive health.
- Eat a balanced diet with healthy fats, carbs, and proteins.
- Do regular workouts and lift weights but don’t overdo it to avoid reversing the gains.
- Keep stress levels down to avoid raising cortisol levels, which may lower testosterone.
- Get plenty of sunlight for at least 15 minutes to get vitamin D, or use a vitamin D supplement if you can’t bask.
- Ample sleep for over seven hours is key to increasing the production of testosterone.
- Take natural testosterone boosters that contain Ashwagandha, Ginger extract, Fenugreek, and Pomegranate, to name a few.
- Maintain healthy optimal weight to avoid lowering the testosterone levels.
- Consume multivitamins and minerals like zinc and magnesium to increase testosterone levelsand male orgasm.
The Hormone Testosterone
Testosterone is a male sex hormone, but females have some small amounts of it. The levels of testosterone decline with age, especially from middle age. This hormone is produced in the testes and ovaries in men and women, respectively. It is responsible for several health functions such as:
- Sex drive and sexual functions
- Bone density
- Muscle mass growth
- Normal body growth
- Mood swings
Testosterone impacts male and female sexual health. And low testosterone levels cause problems like low libido, fatigue, loss of muscle mass, obesity, and erectile dysfunction. In extreme cases, some people turn to natural male enhancement supplements to increase testosterone levels. But you must read some reviews like Libido Max reviews for more information before starting a regimen.
What Is a Healthy Testosterone Level?
A healthy testosterone level is where it’s not too high or low from the average normal range. The healthy level averages 679 ng/dL. The level varies with age, as shown below.
Normal total testosterone level in nanograms per deciliter (ng/dL) in adult men and women.
|Age||Male level (ng/dL)||Female level (ng/dL)|
Table 1 Healthy Testosterone Levels
Normal Testosterone Range
Doctors do blood tests to establish your testosterone levels. The normal testosterone range is between 270 to 1000 nanograms per deciliter (ng/dL). About 40% of men above 45 years have levels below that range. But doctors stress that a range between 200-300 may be the gray area and safe.
In the end, the levels may be lower, but you may consult a doctor if you experience low libido, reduced muscle mass, fatigue, diminished erections, and other related symptoms.
You may also try these natural ways to increase testosterone levels:
The 8 Effective Ways to Increase Testosterone Levels Naturally
- Eat healthily – Eat a diet consisting of carbohydrates, proteins, and healthy fats. Some foods rich in healthy fats include avocado and olive oils. Both contain oleuropein, a compound that increases testosterone levels.
Observe your diet not to overeat or fast for long to maintain healthy testosterone levels. Proteins help build muscles, while carbs provide energy. Also, research shows healthy fats help maintain increased testosterone levels.
- Do regular workouts and lift weights – To manage and prevent many lifestyle diseases, you must do regular exercise. Besides, studies show that people who do constant workouts like resistance training, high interval training, and lifting weights have increased testosterone levels.
More research on overweight and obese people found that exercise was more beneficial than weight-loss diets. Again, it raised their testosterone levels more. But, don’t overdo the workouts since excessive exercise may also reduce testosterone levels as you use too many calories.
Still, you can solve the overexercising problem by taking proper diets that help replace the lost energy. As you work out, you can also perform the kegel exercise to prevent ejaculation.
- Keep stress levels down – High levels of stress increase the cortisol hormone, which decreases testosterone levels. The higher the stress levels, the more cortisol gets produced and the lower the levels of testosterone. Increased levels of cortisol lead to overeating since it hastens metabolism. Consequently, one gains weight due to excess fat storage, which further leads to lower testosterone levels. So, living a stress-free life can improve your health and increase testosterone amounts.
You may engage in meditation and yoga to help reduce stress. Remember, high levels of stress are harmful to your long-term health.
- Get plenty of vitamin D from the sun – Studies show that vitamin D helps boost testosterone levels. Fortunately, you can get adequate vitamin D by basking for about 15 minutes under the sun. But some people may not get that time to bask due to busy schedules or the prolonged cold seasons.
Studies done in the U.S show that about 50% had a vitamin D deficiency. If you are deficient in vitamin D, experts recommend you take a vitamin D3 supplement daily to help boost testosterone levels if you don’t get enough sunlight.
Still, you may get vitamin D Vitamin naturally from foods like egg yolk, salmon, unprocessed cereals, mushrooms, and fortified milk.
- Get ample sleep – Studies show that more testosterone gets produced during sleep. It’s recommended you get at least 7 hours of sleep or more to increase testosterone levels. Research suggests that you increase testosterone levels by about 15% for each additional hour of sleep.
For night runners, sleeping under 5 hours may lower testosterone levels by 15% too. In short, sleep helps rest the brain and benefits the heart, metabolism, and sexual health.
- Embrace natural testosterone boosters – When chosen carefully, the top-rated male enhancementsmay help increase testosterone levels. Scientific studies affirm that some herbs like Ginger extract, Ashwagandha, Tongkat Ali, Fenugreek, Pomegranate, and Horny Goat Weed, among others, may increase testosterone levels.
Studies found that Ashwagandha may increase testosterone levels for healthy men by 15% and 17% for infertile men. Also, it lowers cortisol levels by 25%. And we know that low cortisol levels help increase testosterone. Furthermore, the herb increases sperm count by 167%.
Some are libido boosters besides increasing testosterone. Fenugreek, for instance, was shown to not only increase testosterone levels but also lead to more morning erections and improved sex performance.
- Maintain a healthy weight – To increase T levels, doctors advise you to lose and maintain a healthy weight. That way, you will avoid many health complications and maintain optimal T levels. A study on overweight men between ages 14-20 found they had 50% less testosterone when compared to men with optimal weight.
- Consume multivitamins and mineral supplements regularly – Despite a raging debate on their efficacy, taking multivitamins and zinc was shown to help increase testosterone levels. One study found that supplements containing zinc and vitamin B improved sperm quality by about 74%.
More studies show taking vitamins A, C, E, D, and zinc boosted men’s sex hormones and improve male orgasm. But zinc and vitamin D increase testosterone levels more than the other supplements. Other minerals and supplements shown to increase T levels include D-aspartic acid and magnesium.
Supplement with Top-rated Male Enhancements
As men age, their sexual performance declines. But, for some, decreased libido, reduced sexual performance, and erectile dysfunction may become severe. When all-natural methods become ineffective, you may try some top-rated male enhancements.
Supplements may help increase testosterone levels, boost libido, and improve sexual performance for an ecstatic male orgasm. They contain several compounds that may naturally improve testosterone production.
So, read the reviews carefully before you decide. For instance, some people recommend Libido Max if you hit the red flag in sexual functions. Go through the Libido Max reviews carefully before you buy.
You can increase testosterone levels naturally through exercise to prevent premature ejaculation, a balanced diet, testosterone boosters, and vitamins and minerals. Additionally, bask under the sun for vitamin D, maintain a healthy weight, reduce stress, and get adequate sleep. But when all fails, even after consulting a doctor, you may try the best male enhancements to control the condition.
In such cases, read several reviews before deciding to use these products since some may be harmful to your health. And if you suffer from premature ejaculation, you may try the normal urine control exercise to prevent premature ejaculation after a short time.